Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Facade Poem

Facade Poem
I seem to be like darkness that is ominous and foreboding,
But really I am light that is cheery and enveloping,
I seem to be like a fly that is busy and exasperating,
But really I am a bird that is talkative and friendly,
I seem to be like a stone that is one of many and worthless,
But really I am gold that is unique and desirable,
I seem to be like the ocean that is vast and open,
But really I am a cave that is confined and claustrophobic,
I seem to be like a child that is questioning and insignificant ,
But really I am an old man that is wise and experienced,
I seem to be like weakness that is feeble and fragile,
But really I am strength that is persevering and mighty,
I seem to be like evil that is wicked and destructive,
But really I am good that is aiding and selfless,
I seem to be like poison that is deceptive and deadly,
But really I am honey that is glowing and sweet,
I seem to be like a peasant that is lowly and vile,
But really I am a king that is fair and always has a smile,


                                                  -Chase

3 comments:

  1. I like this, the comparisons are very well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it took some thought and correction but it ended up pretty cool. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete